ndt-dev - Issue 25 in ndt: Client Queuing(Wait flag sequence) is not correct

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Issue 25 in ndt: Client Queuing(Wait flag sequence) is not correct

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Issue 25 in ndt: Client Queuing(Wait flag sequence) is not correct
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 00:07:25 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Severity-Medium

New issue 25 by Garimella.Srinivasu: Client Queuing(Wait flag sequence) is not correct
http://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=25

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.Start test with 100 clients simultaneously connect to server
2.check the messages displayed by 100 clients

Expected Output:
when multiple clients are connecting to the server then wait flag sequence
should be as below.

For 1-20 Clients receiving wait flag as 0
For 21-40 Clients receiving wait flag as 1
For 41-60 Clients receiving wait flag as 2
For 61-80 Clients receiving wait flag as 3
For 81-100 Clients receiving wait flag as 4
For 101- XXX Clients receiving wait flag as 9988

Observed Output:

we have observed the below sequence more frequently.

For 1-20 Clients receiving wait flag as 0
For 21-40 Clients receiving wait flag as 1
For 41-60 Clients receiving wait flag as 2
For 61-80 Clients receiving wait flag as 3
For 81- 100 Clients receiving wait flag as 9988
we have observed that for 100 clients 79 clients are completing the tests
successfully and 21 clients are getting the message as “Server Busy: Too
many clients waiting in server queue. Please try again later.”.

But we have observed the below sequence few times.
For 1-20 Clients receiving wait flag as 0
For 21-40 Clients receiving wait flag as 1
For 41-60 Clients receiving wait flag as 2
For 61-80 Clients receiving wait flag as 3
For 81-82 Clients receiving wait flag as 4
For 82-100 Clients receiving wait flag as 9988