ndt-dev - Re: Issue 2 in ndt: Server system is hanging

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: Issue 2 in ndt: Server system is hanging

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Issue 2 in ndt: Server system is hanging
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:21:41 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 2 by jwzurawski: Server system is hanging
http://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=2

Comment from Rich via email:

One other point. It doesn't look like the mlab nodes are configured to handle tons of connections
(/proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn=128). This may be a limiting factor that needs to be fixed, and I'm not sure
it is something I can control via the ndt slice.

Comment from Marc F via email:

We will fix this if need be. Right now I am away from the office responding via my phone. What value do you
think it should be?

While we are at it, we should also review the other TCP tuning parameters (rmem, wmem). We had some
machines crash because they ran out of lowmem because the socket buffer sizes * large number of concurrent
connections did not scale.

Removing the 'Priority' tag and replacing with a 'Severity' tag. Un-assigning QA team as owner of the bug.