Subject: NDT-DEV email list created
Issue 17 in ndt: Client send buffer is not considered and reported in the results when it is low.
- Subject: Issue 17 in ndt: Client send buffer is not considered and reported in the results when it is low.
- Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 02:29:31 +0000
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-High
New issue 17 by sekharnv73: Client send buffer is not considered and reported in the results when it is low.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Connect server and client in a 1GBit Switch
2. Start both servers (fakewww and web100)
3. Set the following tcp paramters in both server and client.
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_moderate_rcvbuf
echo 4194304 > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max
echo 4194304 > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
echo "4096 65536 65536" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rmem
echo "4096 8912 8912" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_timestamps
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_sack
echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
4. Click the start button to start the test and wait till client complete
5. Check the statistics window.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Since the send buffer is low in both server and client which are limiting
the throughput both should be reported but only server send buffer is
reported in the
statistics window, client send buffer problem not reported.
Please provide any additional information below.
You received this message because you are listed in the owner
or CC fields of this issue, or because you starred this issue.
You may adjust your issue notification preferences at:
- Issue 17 in ndt: Client send buffer is not considered and reported in the results when it is low., ndt, 02/26/2010
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.