mw-announce - Register for CAMP Workshops on Shibboleth and Secure Collaboration

Subject: Middleware Announcements

Register for CAMP Workshops on Shibboleth and Secure Collaboration

  • From: Renee Frost <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Register for CAMP Workshops on Shibboleth and Secure Collaboration
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:08:59 -0400

UPCOMING CAMP MIDDLEWARE WORKSHOPS IN PORTLAND, OREGON
CAMP Shibboleth: Flexible Web-Based Authentication and
Authorization * June 25-27, 2007
http://www.educause.edu/camp072
Advanced CAMP: Scaling Secure Collaboration * June 27-29, 2007
http://www.educause.edu/camp073

JOIN US FOR MIDDLEWARE WORKSHOPS offered by Campus Architectural
Middleware Planning (CAMP) this summer in Portland, Oregon.

LOW EARLY-BIRD RATES END MAY 29--register now to save money.

CAMP SHIBBOLETH: FLEXIBLE WEB-BASED AUTHENTICATION AND AUTHORIZATION
(June 25-27)
* OVERVIEW--This CAMP will offer concrete practice and real-world
experience from institutions running Shibboleth in production for
controlling access to both on- and off-campus services. Participants
will learn the answers to questions such as:
- What is Shibboleth and how does it work?
- What is the business case for it and how can I sell it on my
campus?
- What is the migration path to support intercampus Web SSO in the
future?
- How much identity management infrastructure do I need?
- How can I use Shibboleth to simplify my application deployment
and maintenance?
* AUDIENCE--higher education IT managers, project managers, middleware
architects, and systems analysts involved at a technical, management,
or stakeholder level in supporting Web-based services.
LEARN MORE and REGISTER TODAY at
http://www.educause.edu/camp072

* NEW TO IDENTITY MANAGEMENT? Consider attending the nontechnical,
preworkshop seminar, "Introduction to Identity and Access Management:
The Big Picture," 8:30 - 11:45 a.m. on June 25.
http://www.educause.edu/camp072/12930?product_code=camp072/sem01

ADVANCED CAMP: SCALING SECURE COLLABORATION (June 27-29)
* OVERVIEW--This exploratory CAMP will bring together experts from
across the research and education community to identify, clarify, and
coordinate next steps to support collaborative activities within and
among organizations. The focus will be on identity and access
management services, such as federated authentication and
group/privilege management, and their integration with applications
and application suites.
* AUDIENCE-- Central campus IT strategists, technology architects, and
those in related leadership roles.
LEARN MORE and REGISTER TODAY at
http://www.educause.edu/camp073

OTHER MIDDLEWARE RESOURCES
* Get started with identity management
http://www.nmi-edit.org/
* View NMI-EDIT's Enterprise Directory Implementation Roadmap
http://www.nmi-edit.org/roadmap/dir-roadmap_200510/index-set.html
* View NMI-EDIT's Enterprise Authentication Implementation Roadmap
http://www.nmi-edit.org/roadmap/draft-authn-roadmap-03/
* Access PROCEEDINGS from past CAMP meetings
http://www.educause.edu/camp
* Browse RESOURCES and sign up for E-MAIL ALERTS on middleware
http://www.educause.edu/Browse/645&PARENT_ID=285
* Subscribe to the
Net@EDU
Identity Management Working Group mailing
list
http://www.educause.edu/IdentityManagementWorkingGroup/928
* Learn more about the NMI-EDIT technical development lead by the
Internet2 Middleware Initiative
http://middleware.internet2.edu

CAMP SPONSORS
CAMP is sponsored by the National Science Foundation Middleware
Initiative-Enterprise and Desktop Integration Technologies (NMI-EDIT)
Consortium: Internet2 and EDUCAUSE. Additional support was provided by
the National Science Foundation OCI-0330626.

  • Register for CAMP Workshops on Shibboleth and Secure Collaboration, Renee Frost, 04/05/2007