mw-announce - Spring 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting -- Register Now!

Subject: Middleware Announcements

Spring 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting -- Register Now!

  • From: Laurie Burns <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Spring 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting -- Register Now!
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:11:53 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

The Spring 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting is rapidly approaching, and I want to alert you to upcoming deadlines and some changes to how we're providing program information.

Registration/Lodging
Register NOW for the Spring 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting!
http://events.internet2.edu/2004/spring-mm/registrationintro.cfm
Note that registration rates go up after 5:00pm EST, March 26, 2004.

For lodging, please make your reservation directly with the Crystal Gateway Marriott hotel.  To obtain the reduced conference rate, be sure to reference the Internet2 block.
Note that the block cut-off date for receiving the discounted rate is Friday, April 2, 2004.

For more information about travel to the meeting, see
http://events.internet2.edu/2004/spring-mm/hoteltravel.html
Program
The Spring Meeting program is close to final, and can be viewed at:

http://events.internet2.edu/2004/spring-mm/agenda.cfm?event=203

Highlights of the meeting will be outlined in a forthcoming message.

New for the Spring 2004 Meeting

To take advantage of some of the enhancements we have introduced to the Spring Member Meeting, please plan to bring your laptop.
·       New Look for Online and Print Programs
With this meeting, we are introducing new presentation formats for the program agenda, both online and print.  Sessions and meetings, demos, poster sessions and other program information will be listed in a convenient pocket-sized program which all attendees will receive in their registration packet. All of this information plus full abstracts of sessions and speaker bios will be online, and searchable by topic.  For those that need hard copy of the abstracts, a Print Kiosk will be located near the Registration Area.
·       Online Session Evaluation
We have offered attendees the opportunity to evaluate individual sessions for the past several meetings, using a hard copy form.  Beginning with this meeting, we will offer an online session evaluation form so that attendees will be able to conveniently and instantly evaluate sessions they attend.

Call for Interest:  Member Meeting Program Committee
Individuals from Internet2 member organizations are encouraged to join the Program Committee and to assist in planning future Internet2 member meetings.  Please contact Laurie Burns, Director of Applications Programs and Member Activities to indicate your interest or to obtain more information.

I hope to see you in Arlington!

        Laurie

Laurie Burns, Director of Application Programs and Member Activities
Internet2
3025 Boardwalk, Suite 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Office:  (734) 913-4251
Cell:  (734) 604-9558

  • Spring 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting -- Register Now!, Laurie Burns, 03/24/2004