mw-announce - Call for Non-Track Meetings--Spring 2003 Internet2 Member Meeting

Subject: Middleware Announcements

Call for Non-Track Meetings--Spring 2003 Internet2 Member Meeting

  • From: Marianne Smith <>
  • To: , , , , , ,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Call for Non-Track Meetings--Spring 2003 Internet2 Member Meeting
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:50:57 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

One of the benefits of member meetings for many attendees is the opportunity to hold small group meetings, BOFs, and so forth. In anticipation of such requests, we hold space at times other than the main meeting events for just this purpose. To aid us in handling and filling your requests for these "side" meetings, we are issuing a call for individual group meetings with a deadline of February 14th.

Please see the request for information below.  Though we have limited space availability this spring, we will attempt to accommodate all requests made up until the deadline on a first come, first served basis.   Your flexibility with day/time and length requests will assist us in accommodating you.

The dates we have space available at the hotel are Tuesday April 9, 2003 thorough Friday April 11, 2003. The opening plenary will take place on the afternoon of Wednesday April 10, 2003. Track sessions will begin just after the opening plenary and run until just before the closing plenary on the morning of Friday April 11, 2003.

We have limited space during the following general times:
Tuesday April 8, 2003, afternoon
Tuesday April 8, 2003, evening

Wednesday April 9, 2003, morning

Thursday April 10, 2003, morning
Thursday April 10, 2003, evening

Friday April 11, 2003, morning
Friday April 11, 2003, afternon

Please note:
  • The Welcome Reception is Wednesday April 9, 2003 from 6:30pm-8:00pm
  • Please refer to this page to see a tentative skeleton schedule of that week's events:
http://events.internet2.edu/2003/spring-mm/spring03agenda.php?session_event_id=134
As Non-track sessions are confirmed, they will be posted here

If you'd like to request a side meeting/BoF, please send ALL information requested below no later than Friday February 14th.  Your request cannot be processed without all requested information.

**Name of Submitter
**Submitter Phone
**Submitter Email

**Meeting Name
**Meeting Contact (will be logistical contact for all arrangements)
**Contact Phone
**Contact Email
**Meeting Type (please specify one)
  • BoF---Open meeting where people with similar interests gather to have an open moderated discussion on a specified topic.
  • Closed Internet2 Meeting--Invitation only meeting of an Internet2-sponsored group.  Examples include Internet2 project design teams, task forces, etc.
  • Closed non-Internet2 Meeting--Invitation only meeting of a group associated with but not sponsored by Internet2.  Examples include meetings of regional networking organizations, individual member-hosted discussions, etc. Any food & beverage and audio/visual requests will be billed to the sponsoring organization.
  • Other--Does not fit into one of the above categories
**Anticipated Number of Attendees

**Preferred Seating Arrangement (please specify one, we will do our best to accommodate your first choice)
  • Round tables (banquet-type seating)
  • Hollow Square (tables pulled together to create four sides with a hollow center)
  • U-shape (similar to a hollow square, but with one side open)
  • Conference (table(s) in the center of the room with chairs going all the way around)
  • Theater (chairs in rows facing the front of the room)
  • Classroom (chairs and tables in rows facing the front of the room)
**Top three day/time choices from the list above.  Please specify your PREFERRED start times and duration.  This is very important in determining if we can accommodate your group.

**We can provide an LCD projector, overhead projector, slide projector, flipchart, whiteboard, power strips, analog phone line, conference telephone, and microphones.  You will be asked for your audio/visual needs in later communications.  However, if you anticipate any special audio/visual or other needs, please specify them here.

You may submit this information to Kelly Fuqua at .  Please note, the due date for submissions is Friday February 14th, 2003.

Thank you and we look forward to a great meeting in Arlington in the spring!

Regards,
Traci Downey

Traci Downey
Meeting Services Coordinator
Internet2/UCAID
3025 Boardwalk, Ste. 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48108

734.913.4295
734.604.6999 Cell

Marianne Smith
Program Manager, Member Activities
Internet2
Suite 100
3025 Boardwalk St.
 Ann Arbor, MI 48108
(734) 352-4976

  • Call for Non-Track Meetings--Spring 2003 Internet2 Member Meeting, Marianne Smith, 02/06/2003