mw-announce - Fall 2002 Demo deadline extended to July 26

Subject: Middleware Announcements

Fall 2002 Demo deadline extended to July 26

  • From: Renee Frost <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Fall 2002 Demo deadline extended to July 26
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:20:25 -0400

Deadline for Fall 2002 Internet2 Member Meeting Demos Extended!!

The deadline for submitting applications for Fall 2002 Internet2 Member Meeting demos has been extended until July 26. We seek applications from all disciplines; the primary objective is that we showcase network-intensive applications that demonstrate the reality and the potential of Internet2 environments. By network-intensive, we mean applications that require one or more advanced network features, such as high bandwidth, low latency, multicast, IPv6, and quality of service. Corporate and affiliate members are also invited to participate in the demos. The type of demos we'd like to feature could include how Internet2 members, and their collaborators, are using high performance networks to run the applications their researchers developed and as a testbed for developing new ones. Demos that illustrate how Internet2 can facilitate technology transfer from the lab to the marketplace are also welcome. The Fall Internet2 Member Meeting will be held October 28-30 in Los Angeles, California.

http://apps.internet2.edu/html/fall2002-demos.html