mw-announce - May Virtual Briefing, and Member Meeting Feedback

Subject: Middleware Announcements

May Virtual Briefing, and Member Meeting Feedback

  • From: Laurie Burns <>
  • To: , , , , , , ,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: May Virtual Briefing, and Member Meeting Feedback
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:12:28 -0400

Dear Colleagues:

In the wake of a very successful Member Meeting in Arlington, VA last week, I want to invite all of you to send us your feedback.  To those of you who attended, I hope your meeting experience was productive, and the knowledge gained through sessions and in conversation with your colleagues beneficial to you and to your institution.  To those who were unable to attend but managed to catch one or more netcasts, we'd like to hear from you too.  The Program Committee, Internet2 meeting planners and local hosts make many of their decisions about the program, venue, and supporting activities based on what we hear from you.

We have two mechanisms for you to use to give us your input for planning future member meetings.  One is the online survey form, which you can find at:

http://www.internet2.edu/activities/html/spring02-evaluation.html

The second mechanism to join us for a "Virtual Debrief" of the Member Meeting, on Wednesday, May 15 at 1:00pm eastern time.  We are using our regularly scheduled Virtual Briefing slot to hold this debrief, which will feature several of the network engineers who designed and implemented the meeting network, and one of the applications demonstrators who will talk about the experience of bringing an applications demo to a Member Meeting.  We will also welcome any comments you wish to make via H.323, or via email to .  More information on the Virtual Debrief can be found at:

http://www.internet2.edu/activities/html/briefings.html

Finally, I invite you to send us your comments on the Virtual Briefings.  These are new this year and are still developing as valuable channels for members to keep current.  We need your input and ideas for future briefings.  An online form can be found at:

http://www.internet2.edu/activities/html/20020515-feedback.html

On behalf of the meeting planners and hosts, thanks again for gathering in Arlington and for sharing your experience.  See you in LA in October!

Best regards,

        Laurie

Laurie Burns, Director of Member Activities
Internet2
3025 Boardwalk, Suite 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Office:  (734) 913-4251
Cell:  (734) 604-9558

  • May Virtual Briefing, and Member Meeting Feedback, Laurie Burns, 05/13/2002