metaverse - [metaverse] Metaverse Working Group - Meeting Notes 3/1/16

Subject: Metaverse Working Group

[metaverse] Metaverse Working Group - Meeting Notes 3/1/16

  • From: Chris Collins <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: Ben Fineman <>
  • Subject: [metaverse] Metaverse Working Group - Meeting Notes 3/1/16
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 19:40:19 -0500

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who attended the Metaverse Working Group monthly meeting today!

The notes from today's discussion are located on our wiki site at:  https://spaces.internet2.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=95715367

One key outcome is that we will attempt to meet in VR for our next meeting on April 5th using the AltSpaceVR platform:  http://altvr.com/  We'll also have a BlueJeans meeting as a backup in the event of technical difficulties. Participants can join the AltSpaceVR meeting either through VR or desktop (Mac or PC), and the following VR devices are supported:

- Samsung Gear VR
- Oculus DK2
- HTC Vive
- Perception Neuron
- Leap Motion
- Microsoft Kinect

For more details from today's meeting, see the meeting notes, and I'll send connection information for the AltSpaceVR room prior to next month's meeting.

Thanks!

- Chris

Chris M. Collins (Avatar: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
Division of Innovation & Partnerships, Research & Development
UC Office of Information Technologies (UCIT)
University of Cincinnati
400 University Hall
PO Box 210658
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0658