megaconference - [Megacon] On Premises Lync/S4B

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] On Premises Lync/S4B

  • From: Jon Winterbottom <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] On Premises Lync/S4B
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 18:41:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi all,

I was just given very unclear marching orders to put together a plan to implement an on premise version Lync/S4B.  Having never really looked at doing this before, can anyone give me a clear picture of server requirements and the cost to implement the “on prem” version Skype for Business?  Beyond pulling up a server architecture diagram from a Microsoft webpage, I’m not sure what else I can provide.  All horror stories are welcome and appreciated!

Jon Winterbottom

Video Conferencing Technologist, Client Services

Brock University /Information Technology Services

Niagara Region/1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way

St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1

brocku.ca/ T  905-688-5550 x3588/ M  289-228-9024/

  • [Megacon] On Premises Lync/S4B, Jon Winterbottom, 11/06/2015