megaconference - [Megacon] Invitation: Internet2 Community Overview of Video Event Platform "Shindig"

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Invitation: Internet2 Community Overview of Video Event Platform "Shindig"

  • From: Ben Fineman <>
  • To: "<>" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] Invitation: Internet2 Community Overview of Video Event Platform "Shindig"
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:54:15 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

Hi all, I wanted to share an invitation to a briefing webinar we have coming up with the CEO of a new video event platform called “Shindig”. They have an innovative approach to large scale interactive video events. I would like to get this group’s opinion on what they are putting forward, and whether it is useful for us to engage as a community.

Join Internet2 and Shindig on 9/17 at 3pm EDT for an interactive tour and discussion of Shindig, a new video chat teaching and event platform currently under consideration for QuickStart and seeking participating members to join in the Service Validation.

Shindig is a new kind of video chat. The company's patented technology addresses the lack of interactivity in current online education platforms by providing rich instructor-to-student interactivity as well as the student-to-student interactivity requisite for student body cohesion and student retention. Beyond the online classroom Shindig also has application to Admissions, Career Services, University Communications, Alumni Development, Student Services, University Governance, Academic Development,  Administration and more.

Click here to RSVP now and receive a reminder email one hour before the event begins: http://www.shindig.com/event/internet2

Shindig enables a host to give a talk, conduct an interview, lead a discussion or give any kind of presentation in front of an online audience of thousands. Hosts can share the stage for face-to-face interactions with audience members before the entire gathering or sidebar with participants privately. Meanwhile, unlike other video conference or webinar meeting technologies, audience members themselves are also able to discuss, caucus, collaborate, kibbitz, socialize and otherwise share the experience with one another in their own self-initiated private video chats--just as they would naturally at in-person events.

Thanks for your consideration - again, your feedback will dictate how we as a community choose to engage with this provider.

Regards,
Ben

/*----------------------- Benjamin J. Fineman Program Manager, NET+ Video, Voice, and Collaboration Services Internet2 Request a meeting with me: https://calendly.com/benfineman (email/video/chat) http://www.internet2.edu 734.352.4975 (desk) 734.417.0811 (mobile) -----------------------*/

  • [Megacon] Invitation: Internet2 Community Overview of Video Event Platform "Shindig", Ben Fineman, 09/15/2015