megaconference - [Megacon] Mac Mini as H.323 Codec Source

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Mac Mini as H.323 Codec Source

  • From: "Leonard, Mark" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] Mac Mini as H.323 Codec Source
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 15:31:00 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hello Mega-listers…

I’m in the process of building up a ‘soft-client’ videoconference and web conferencing endpoint for a client. We’re going to go with 2 Mac Mini’s, a rolling cart, and a variety of USB cameras and microphones. If we decide to get fancy we may purchase a software switching program (http://www.telestream.net/wirecast/overview.htm )

There is a very small chance of getting a ‘real’ videoconferencing codec as a donation to add to the mix…which leads to my question-

Anyone out there piping HDMI directly out of a Mac Mini into a camera port on a video codec?

I’ve run a couple hours of testing the 'Mini as a camera' on a Tandberg C-40 and all seems well— good picture, 30fps, stable…

I’m I missing anything in this setup?

Thanks for looking at this-
~Mark

Mark Leonard

Media and Collaboration

Information Technology

cid:8BAE0B2D-947E-4452-9B5F-68746ED58919