megaconference - [Megacon] H.323/SIP videoconference recording with LifeSize UVC Video Center and content channel video quallity

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] H.323/SIP videoconference recording with LifeSize UVC Video Center and content channel video quallity

  • From: David Vrtin <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: [Megacon] H.323/SIP videoconference recording with LifeSize UVC Video Center and content channel video quallity
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:18:25 +0100

Dear all,

I'm looking for someone, who is also using LifeSize UVC Video Center for H.323/SIP videoconference
recording/streaming.

The problem with Video Center is BFCP/Content channel, which is (for non-LifeSize equipment) limited
to only 128 kbps and content channel video quallity is to low. Increasing this bandwith will help very much.
I have already opened ticket/feature request at LifeSize over a year ago, but if I'm the only one, LifeSize
will probably never implement this feature request.

My suggestion to anyone, who is also using LifeSize Video Center is: if you are also interrested to
increase content channel video quallity on your LifeSize Video Center, please contact your LifeSize partner
and also submit feature request. If LifeSize will receive many such request, we have good chance, that
LifeSize will increae video quallity of content channel.

If you know for anyone else, who is also using LifeSize Video Center, it is a good idea to suggest same action to him too.

Last response from May 2014 I got from LifeSize support was:
--

Today increasing the bandwidth of the presentation is not in the short term roadmap of the Video Center. I’ll leave a feature request open
for that but cannot commit on an implementation date.

In the meanwhile, if the endpoints are from the 200/220 series, I’d suggest sending the presentation in the main stream to ensure you have
the best video quality for it. This is generally insteresting when you have quite motioned presentations.
--

This is really important for us as we usually record university classes and in great majority of cases we also record
(and stream) content which is presently in low quality.

Thank you very very much, specialy if you can do anything to help us to force LifeSize to improve video quallity of
Video Center content channel recordings.

Best regards,
David Vrtin
ARNES

  • [Megacon] H.323/SIP videoconference recording with LifeSize UVC Video Center and content channel video quallity, David Vrtin, 10/30/2014