megaconference - Re: [Megacon] Blocking Unwanted VC Calls

Subject: Megaconference

Re: [Megacon] Blocking Unwanted VC Calls

  • From: Jose Luis Rodriguez <>
  • To: "Egyhazi, Steven E" <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Megacon] Blocking Unwanted VC Calls
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 15:01:24 -0600

Thanks Steve, I will try it.

Regards

Jose Luis Rodríguez (iPhone)
DGTIC - UNAM

El 17/01/2014, a las 10:01 a.m., "Egyhazi, Steven E" <> escribió:

Jose, again, if your EX90 or C-series system is using TC6.x software, I’ve found you may keep SIP enabled but instead go to the unit’s web interface - Configuration – System Configuration – SIP, and in “General Settings”, turn ‘ListenPort’ to OFF.

Depending on your environment, I’m not 100% certain of the implications for SIP based calls if ListenPort is turned off.  However, I think it’ll be ok, because I interpret this traffic as attempts to use the C series codec itself as a SIP VoIP gateway.  In other words, normal SIP calls via your (VCS) registrar should still work normally.   Regards, Steve Egyhazi