megaconference - FW: [Megacon] Blocking Unwanted VC Calls

Subject: Megaconference

FW: [Megacon] Blocking Unwanted VC Calls

  • From: "Egyhazi, Steven E" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: FW: [Megacon] Blocking Unwanted VC Calls
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:42:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Jose, if your EX90 or C-series system is using TC6.x software, I’ve found you may keep SIP enabled but instead go to the unit’s web interface - Configuration – System Configuration – SIP, and in “General Settings”, turn ‘ListenPort’ to OFF.

Depending on your environment, I’m not 100% certain of the implications for SIP based calls if ListenPort is turned off.  However, I think it’ll be ok, because I interpret this traffic as attempts to use the C series codec itself as a SIP VoIP gateway.  In other words, normal SIP calls via your (VCS) registrar should still work normally.   Regards, Steve Egyhazi