megaconference - [Megacon] Lync

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Lync

  • From: Jon Winterbottom <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] Lync
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 16:11:46 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-CA

Hi All,

I’m being asked/told (not by customers) to start looking into adopting link for desktop communication.  Since I haven’t come across a single request that involved anybody on Lync and we already have a software based h.323 solution, I haven’t really felt the need to start looking into it.  I’d like some input on anyone that is currently using Lync, what you are using it for, why, what problems do you have with it etc.  I think the big push behind this is the Cloud based service that office 365 offers but to be honest I haven’t really wrapped my mind around what Lync will do for me that is drastically different from what we are currently doing.

Regards,

Jon Winterbottom

Audio Visual Technician, Client Services

Brock University /Information Technology Services

Niagara Region/500 Glenridge Avenue/St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1

brocku.ca/ T  905-688-5550 x3588/ M  289-228-9024/ F  905-688-4191