megaconference - [Megacon] Royal Botanical Gardens comes to your Classroom via Videoconference

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Royal Botanical Gardens comes to your Classroom via Videoconference

  • From: Karin DavidsonTaylor <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] Royal Botanical Gardens comes to your Classroom via Videoconference
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:02:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-CA, en-US

It’s virtually the real thing!!

Connect with Royal Botanical Gardens; Canada’s biodiversity hotspot!

We can help your students (and you) discover their nature connections.

Are you looking for engaging, award-winning programs to support and enhance your K- 12 science units?

Check out what we’re offering for 2013-2014!  Pass it on to colleagues!!

Royal Botanical Gardens (RBG) currently offers 20 programs that are curriculum linked (K-12) to your state’s or province’s standards.  These interactive, engaging programs explore plant ecology and the diversity of plants in various ecosystems and the interactions with and impacts of animals and humans.  We also investigate how we use plants for healing, food (especially chocolate!) and everyday necessities.  Get your questions answered about starting an organic school garden – food or wildlife focused.  And finally for all the budding entomologists – participate in our insect programs.

Would you like to learn more about our programs and/or videoconferencing? Request a free teacher workshop for your school, library or district!

Here are some of programs (grade range suggested):

Insects:

*Creatures with Wings and Crawly Things (K- 4)

Insects in Winter (2 – 7)

Plant Ecology:

Plant Parts and Pumpkins (K-3)

Pollination Partners (3 – 12)

Seeds on the Go (3 – 9)

*Growing Seeds (3 – 9)

Colour in Nature (2 – 11)

Plants and Ecosystems:

Wetland Ways (4 – 7)

Human Impacts on Wetlands (7 – 12)

Plant Adaptations: Wetland Plants (7 – 12)

Plant Adaptations: Mediterranean Plants (7 – 12

Photosynthesis (9 – 12)

Plant Diversity and Evolution (6 – 12)

Using Plants:

Good Things Come in Trees (1 – 12)

Healing Plants (9 – 12)

Organic Gardening/Farming (7 – 12)

Chocolate: From Treasure to Treat (4 – 8)

Plants in our Holiday Traditions (Nov – Dec; 3-6)

Special Programs (Feb – mid April, 2014 only): more information will be on our website by January, 2014.

Savage Plants – check out these “vicious” plants and learn their secrets.

Nature’s Ninjas – discover how some animals protect themselves.

Program Costs:

$125 USD for all programs.  $125 CAD for Canadian schools.

Visit Royal Botanical Gardens Videoconferencing Program page for more information about our programs. You may register for our programs on the CILC website or by calling or emailing RBG.  Please be sure to mention the "MAGPI Discount" when registering if you are a MAGPI Member to obtain the MAGPI member discount - 10% discount through the MAGPI's Preferred Content Provider Program

Here is an opportunity for you to learn more. On Thursday, September 19th at 11:30 a.m. EST, Royal Botanical will be showcasing their programs during the MAGPI Content Provider Carnival  You don’t need to register; just watch the Live Webstream to get an idea of who we are and how we can help support your life science and environmental science units. Submit your comments and questions via MAGPI's Facebook page or tweets @MAGPK20.

For more information or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me,

Karin

Karin Davidson-Taylor, Education Officer

Royal Botanical Gardens

680 Plains Road West,

Burlington, Ontario N1H 1H6

905-527-1158 ext 249

Check out our website: www.rbg.ca

Information about videoconferencing: http://www.rbg.ca/videoconferencing

Description: Description: Description: logoVirtualFT  Description: Description: Description: \\FELICIA\Departments\PublicAffairs\KarinDavidsonTaylor\My Pictures\Logos and Awards\CILC Pinnacle-forprint-small-2013.jpg

  • [Megacon] Royal Botanical Gardens comes to your Classroom via Videoconference, Karin DavidsonTaylor, 09/18/2013