megaconference - [Megacon] Article on Kaani Tribal Storytelling Festival__and Videoconference practice

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Article on Kaani Tribal Storytelling Festival__and Videoconference practice

  • From: Eric Miller <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] Article on Kaani Tribal Storytelling Festival__and Videoconference practice
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 03:09:55 +0530

Dear Megaconference People,

Hello!

Yesterday (Sun 15 Sept) a lovely article about
the upcoming Kaani Tribal Storytelling Festival
(to occur the weekend after next, near Nagercoil,
in far southern Tamil Nadu, south India)
appeared in the Times of India (Chennai edition).
The article is at
http://www.storytellinginstitute.org/89.jpg .

The Festival Poster is at
http://www.storytellinginstitute.org/35.jpg .

General Festival info is at
http://www.storytellinginstitute.org/777.html .

Even if you could not attend -- contributions to
help cover Festival expenses would be much
appreciated. Contributors would receive copies
of the DVD we are planning to make.

***

On another subject:

Regarding the
Chennai Storytelling Festival 2014,
"Storytelling and Healing", 7-9 Feb,
http://www.storytellinginstitute.org/2.htm --

We are hoping to enable numerous people
to attend and interact via

Google+ Hangout Videoconference with
the "On Air" option.

This free software enables up to ten
computers to videoconference -- with a
live webcast of the videoconference being
available on Youtube, and a recording of
the event also being available afterwards
on Youtube.

If you might have any experience with this
software, and/or if you might like to help
us practice using it, please let me know.

Tutorials about this technology are at

https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2553119?hl=en .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oouI7KSeao .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvdhSH3nGZI .

***

Many thanks,

- Eric
Chennai (on India's southeast coast)

Dr Eric Miller (PhD in Folklore)
Director, World Storytelling Institute

  • [Megacon] Article on Kaani Tribal Storytelling Festival__and Videoconference practice, Eric Miller, 09/15/2013