megaconference - Re: [Megacon] Laptop HDMI Output as a Camera Source

Subject: Megaconference

Re: [Megacon] Laptop HDMI Output as a Camera Source

  • From: Nick Thompson <>
  • To: "Leonard, Mark" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Megacon] Laptop HDMI Output as a Camera Source
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 20:43:29 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi Leonard,

As long as the resolutions and refresh rates are within the stated spec, you should be OK:

One thing we ran into once was trying to give the C40 an Interlaced signal which didn't work.  We didn't realize this until we looked at the spec since all it will take is progressive scan.

Additionally, none of the C series codecs currently to my knowledge support HDCP.  If your input devices utilize HDCP you need to find a way to remove it and pass the signal (good luck!).  Otherwise, you will need to make sure the HDMI source does not use HDCP.

Cheers!
Nick~