megaconference - [Megacon] audio codec mismatch with phones

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] audio codec mismatch with phones

  • From: Koorus Bookan <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Megacon] audio codec mismatch with phones
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:53:03 -0500

Hello,

I posted a related question a long time ago, now it has morphed into something else.

I want to be able to use a regular phone to call into H323 VC system via Cisco VCS. I'm almost there but not really. I can make the call and enter the room, in the room you can hear the phone  but the phone handset does not hear any audio from the room. So far I have narrowed this down to at least to a difference in audio codecs as MCU or the endpoint shows. i.e. Tx is G.711U and Rx is G.711A

I want to force the codec to use G.711U, both for TX and RX. I can't find any documentation on the subject. I'm sure there is a command line option somewhere...something like

xConfiguration CapsetFilterDebug...

I'm using Tandberg MXP, EX endpoints and also tried codian MCU, the behavior is all the same. BTW, it works perfectly if I use an IP phone to call in.

Or, let me know if you have come across this with a solution.

Thanks,

Koorus Bookan

University of Waterloo

  • [Megacon] audio codec mismatch with phones, Koorus Bookan, 11/26/2012