mace-opensaml-users - [OpenSAML] Signature Validation Logging

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

[OpenSAML] Signature Validation Logging

  • From: Swapna Gupta <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [OpenSAML] Signature Validation Logging
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 11:44:31 -0400 (EDT)

I am encountering following exception during signature validation:

org.opensaml.xml.validation.ValidationException: Signature did not validate
against the credential's key

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUserManSigErrors
mentions turning on Debug level logging for
org.apache.xml.security.utils.DigesterOutputStream

I fiddled with my logging.properties file to get the logging turned on for
this class, but without luck. Can anyone please tell me what the
logging.properties should look like to get the debug output from this class?

Thanks.