mace-opensaml-users - [OpenSAML] SAML SOAP Binding

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

[OpenSAML] SAML SOAP Binding

  • From: Deena Gurajala <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [OpenSAML] SAML SOAP Binding
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 09:03:52 -0700

Hi,

Is there any way to know why message decoding is failing in SOAP binding. I think the decode(messagecontext) method is always throwing MessageDecodingException with different error message. So the only way to identify whether the decoding is failing because of invalid SAML message or invalid SOAP request is to go through the error message and compare.

If it is the only way, then is it possible to enhance to throw different exception when decoding is failing because of SOAP Message it self and another type of error if decoding is failing because of invalid SAML message?

As per SAML specification, we can send SOAP Fault if the processing is failed because of SOAP message. But if the processing is failed because of SAML Message, then we have to send SAML Error response. In order to do this we need a way to identify why the decode is failing.

Please advice me on this.

Thanks,
-Deena.

  • [OpenSAML] SAML SOAP Binding, Deena Gurajala, 04/01/2011