mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Two SAML objects sharing an element name?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Two SAML objects sharing an element name?

  • From: jared camarata <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Chad La Joie <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Two SAML objects sharing an element name?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:23:57 -0500

I'm still a bit confused though, my apologies. Since I need the element name to be the same, I'm going to differentiate the type local name. However, my impl extends  AbstractValidatingSignableXMLObject from opensaml. The constructor for this class is  protected AbstractValidatingSignableXMLObject(String namespaceURI, String elementLocalName, String namespacePrefix). It seems to ask for the element name only. Where does the type name come into play?

Thanks,
Jared

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Chad La Joie <> wrote:
Like I said, you either need to differentiate the elements by name or type.