mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Extra Query parameter (HTTP Redirect Binding)

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Extra Query parameter (HTTP Redirect Binding)

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: rangeli nepal <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Extra Query parameter (HTTP Redirect Binding)
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 18:16:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 3/21/11 2:10 PM, "rangeli nepal"
>I am reading saml-binding-2.0, On page 17(line 566,567) says:
>
>"A URL encoding MUST place the message entirely within the URL query
>string, and MUST reserve the
>rest of the URL for the endpoint of the message recipient."
>
>I thought this means the protocol allows extra query string. Is this
>not the intent of above statements?

That text is talking about defining alternate URL encodings within the
overall binding, which was an extension point. I had forgotten that it
existed, but the text in question is precluding the use of Path Info as
part of the URL encoding.

For the purposes of what you're trying to do, you would have to define an
alternate URL encoding, and attach that explicit parameter to identify
that it's an alternate one to the default. By using a superset of the
original encoding, you could achieve at least a semblance of
compatibility, but with no guarantee that a strict peer wouldn't reject it.