mace-opensaml-users - [OpenSAML] OpenSAML WebSphere NoClassDefFoundError Issue

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

[OpenSAML] OpenSAML WebSphere NoClassDefFoundError Issue

  • From: Lee Hanu <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML WebSphere NoClassDefFoundError Issue
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:37:25 -0500 (EST)

I am new to OpenSAML and I am getting an exception when I deployed my app on
WebSphere 6.1. The same app works fine fine with same OpenSAML jars.

The OpenSAML jars are directly under ear and also under WEB-INF/lib in the
WEBSphere.

I am using the following.
WebSphere 6.1
OpenSAML 2.3.0

I get the following exception.

0000002c WebApp E [Servlet Error]-[control]:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.opensaml.xml.XMLObject

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated!!!