mace-opensaml-users - [OpenSAML] State of the Infrastructure

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

[OpenSAML] State of the Infrastructure

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To: , ,
  • Subject: [OpenSAML] State of the Infrastructure
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:01:08 -0500

As most people probably know by now, we're in the process of moving our
project infrastructure (wiki, svn, etc.) to new servers. I wanted to
give an update on this work.

Executive Summary
We're moving developer-related resources now and plan to be finished at
the end of March. Deployer-related resources will move later, probably
late Spring.

Main Website
The main website remains at Internet2. Once the Shibboleth
consortium/foundation work is further along it will be creating a new
website that will be hosted at www.shibboleth.net.

Download Server
The main download server remains at Internet2. This will move to the
new infrastructure a bit before the new website goes live. We're also
establishing mirrors of this server.

Mailing Lists
The current mailing lists remain active and continue to be the spot to
post questions and have discussions about new features. These lists
will be migrated to the new infrastructure about the same time as the
new website comes online.

Wiki
The current wiki (spaces.internet2.edu) remains active and the spot to
find documentation on all the current software. The new wiki
(wiki.shibboleth.net) has some data in it but it's mostly developer
information. Data from the existing wiki will move to the new wiki
around the same time as the new website goes live.

Issue Tracking
The current issue tracking system (bugs.internet2.edu) remains active
and is the spot to find and submit issues for all current software. At
the end of March we'll migrate all our existing projects from the old
issue tracking system to our new one (issues.shibboleth.net).

Because the issue tracking is now Shibboleth-enabled most folks will end
up with new user IDs. Therefore, as part of the migration process we
need to set all reporters to the project owner. So if you get an email
about that data being updated this is why.

Subversion Server
Most of our projects have now migrated to the new Subversion server
located at https://svn.shibboleth.net. I've updated the
documentation[1] on the new wiki to reflect this. Only those
repositories directly related to IdP v2 have not moved since we're
actively working on them. We'll move these once IdP 2.3 is released.

Maven Repository Manager
This is a new service and is available at shibboleth.net/nexus. At the
end of March existing artifacts will be imported and all new releases
will be published here.

OpenSAML Infrastructure
The OpenSAML website is already hosted in the Shibboleth wiki. This
will continue. The OpenSAML dev list will be rolled in to the new
Shibboleth dev list during the Shibboleth mailing list migration.

[1] https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/DEV/SourceAccess
--
Chad La Joie
http://itumi.biz

  • [OpenSAML] State of the Infrastructure, Chad La Joie, 02/15/2011