mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] xmltooling configure broken?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] xmltooling configure broken?

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] xmltooling configure broken?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:10:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> xmltooling-1.4 AIX 5.3

Just FYI, I doubt very much an AIX build will work, that's not a supported
platform and it's by far the least supported autotools platform.

> 1. Specify the directory where curl is installed:
>
> configure --with-curl /usr/local/shibboleth/curl

You're missing an = sign. --with-curl=

> ** What exactly is the argument to --with-curl supposed to be?

All configure options use an = separator.

> ** Why does configure look elsewhere for curl even when I
> specify --with curl? Shouldn't configure abort if my --with-curl
> is not acceptable? (To do otherwise is fraught with peril.)

It would if you were passing the options correctly.

But you are in for a nightmare with AIX and I don't expect it will work.