mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] creating SAML server

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] creating SAML server

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] creating SAML server
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 02:43:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> However, I could not find the server side implementation in OpenSAML.

That would mean including a web server, and OpenSAML is a toolkit, not a
server. The message related classes have adapters that work with the Java
servlet API and the rest is just your business.

> Could anybody in the OpenSAML community give me a hint, please? How
> does one build a SOAP server that understands SAML? Preferably with
> Open Source components?

By hand using a Java servlet container basically, with the library handling
message encoding/decoding and security. This is all a fair amount of work.
I'd consider implementing your system on top of Shibboleth as a profile
handler extension instead. That will save you months of work.