mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Questions - Just starting out with OpenSAML

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Questions - Just starting out with OpenSAML

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "<>" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Questions - Just starting out with OpenSAML
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 01:51:15 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On Jan 7, 2011, at 8:24 PM, "Mark Barnes" <> wrote:

It looks like OpenSAML will the perfect solution.

I would strongly urge you to adopt a complete SP implementation, whether it's Shibboleth or otherwise. It's not a good use of time to reproduce all that work, nor are you likely to end up with a comparable feature set or maturity level of code.

I have downloaded the source and binaries for OpenSAML 2.3.1, and have been reading the user's manual at https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUserManual. I must admit to being quite confused.

The gap between this toolkit and a mature SP is enormous, so get used to that feeling.

The first example in the user's manual uses class BasicParserPool in package org.opensaml.xml.parse, but I can't seem find this package or even org.opensaml.xml .  I browsed the jar file and the source and I just don't see it.

There are two other libraries that opensaml depends on, openws and xmltooling. I believe the presumption now is that one is using maven to pull in all the right components and automate the process.