mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Webservice support in OpenSaml

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Webservice support in OpenSaml

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Webservice support in OpenSaml
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:08:33 -0400

On 10/25/10 10:38 PM, shri kanth s wrote:
With the above option(manually serialize and re-parse)....It seems when
my application receives Response from Webservice...i need to parse each
and every field in the response and construct an OpenSaml object
manually........are we on the same page regarding this?

No, you would serialize the whole Axis Axiom document to a byte[] and then use a DOM parser to get the DOM document. Then you could unmarshall it with opensaml.

/<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<</
/If you don't actually *need* to use Axis2 code for you client (i.e.
don't need WS-* modules, etc), then we have a basic SOAP client in
OpenSAML that you can use. An example is here:

//https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUserManJavaSOAPClientExample//

It's very simple, nothing fancy, just uses HTTPClient to send/receive a
SOAP 1.1 Envelope, everything represented as OpenSAML XMLObjects./

I tried the above approach....The problem with the above is....If you
have Document/Wrapped styled webservices where your message is wrapped
inside another element(method name).....Then the above approach will not
work....because HTTPSOAPClient expects only opensaml objects to be
included as arguments.

Actually, what Brent said, was the use HTTPClient which just expects a stream, byte[], or string depending on the method you use for setting the body.

--
Chad La Joie
http://itumi.biz