mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] PAOS binding

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] PAOS binding

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] PAOS binding
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:56:05 -0400

On 10/13/2010 12:00 PM, Jonathan Tellier wrote:
> Hello,
> I then came across
> this PAOS client that used to be included in opensaml:
>
> http://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/view/java-opensaml2/trunk/src/org/opensaml/saml2/binding/PAOS/PAOSSynchronousClient.java?revision=688&view=markup&pathrev=756
>
> However, this class is not part of opensaml anymore. I've also checked
> java-xmltooling and java-openws, but it's not there either.
>
> I've though of simply using this class even though it's not part of
> the project anymore, but it probably has been removed for a reason. So
> what I was wondering why has it been removed? Is there some problem
> with it or is it safe to use?

AFAIK, it wasn't really removed, but rather never released in the first
place. It was I believe something experimental very early on in the
project that didn't make it into the 2.0. Just glancing through it,
there's other code that changed such that this class wouldn't even
compile. You could use it as inspiration to write something, but not
usable as-is. As Scott said, there's a more full-fledged client that
was done as a part of the Shibboleth delegation work. That's probably a
better starting point.