mace-opensaml-users - [OpenSAML] PAOS binding

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

[OpenSAML] PAOS binding

  • From: Jonathan Tellier <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [OpenSAML] PAOS binding
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:00:35 -0400

Hello,

I am using opensaml to develop an SP that will support the ECP profile
and a client that will interact with it. I currently have a very
crude, basic client and was looking around for some Java library that
could help me create and respond to PAOS requests. I then came across
this PAOS client that used to be included in opensaml:

http://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/view/java-opensaml2/trunk/src/org/opensaml/saml2/binding/PAOS/PAOSSynchronousClient.java?revision=688&view=markup&pathrev=756

However, this class is not part of opensaml anymore. I've also checked
java-xmltooling and java-openws, but it's not there either.

I've though of simply using this class even though it's not part of
the project anymore, but it probably has been removed for a reason. So
what I was wondering why has it been removed? Is there some problem
with it or is it safe to use?

I'm also open to suggestions regarding the PAOS implementation on the
SP side. It would not be that hard to do by hand, but if there's
something out there that could help me, why not use it?

Thanks,
Jonathan