mace-opensaml-users - [OpenSAML] How do I send an AuthnRequest?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

[OpenSAML] How do I send an AuthnRequest?

  • From: Nick Newman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [OpenSAML] How do I send an AuthnRequest?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:32:13 -0600

Hi,

Hopefully an easy question...

I am trying to use OpenSAML to send an AuthnRequest, and it seems that the HttpPostEncoder class is intended to be used for that purpose.  But to construct an instance I need to supply a VelocityEngine and the template ID.

So how do I get a reference to the VelocityEngine, and how do I find the template ID to use?

Or am I completely wrong in my approach?

Thanks,
Nick