mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] ArtifactResolutionService on an IDPSSODescriptor

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] ArtifactResolutionService on an IDPSSODescriptor

  • From: Jim Cox <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] ArtifactResolutionService on an IDPSSODescriptor
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 08:57:40 -0400

doh.  Now I remember puzzling over this with AttributeStatements on the Assertion.  I should have looked a little closer at the code.  or maybe even the wiki ;-)

That did help.  Thanks.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Brent Putman <> wrote:

On 3/25/10 5:05 PM, Jim Cox wrote:
> I am trying to use the HTTPArtifactEncoder.  It looks like the encoder
> is expecting the LocalEntityRoleMetadata to be set so it can query for
> the ArtifactResolutionService details.

Yes, the ArtifactBuilder(s) uses the local metadata to lookup the
endpoint location or index to include in the artifact, depending on
whether it's SAML 1 or 2, type 2 or 4, etc.

> I would like to build up an IDPSSODescriptor to set the
> LocalEntityRoleMetadata, but I don't see any way to attach the
> ArtifactResolutionService.  Any suggestions, other than to implement a
> meta data provider?

Yes, the list returned by getArtifactResolutionServices() is modifiable,
and so you just add the ArtifactResolutionService to that list, e.g.
idpSSODescriptor.getArtifactResolutionServices().add(ars).

That's a common pattern in the library.  Things that are collections on
an XMLObject are accessed via a modifiable Map, List, Set, etc that is
obtained from the parent object.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUsrManJavaBB

HTH,
Brent