mace-opensaml-users - New to opensaml and confused

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

New to opensaml and confused

  • From: Tom Delorenzi <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: New to opensaml and confused
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:12:55 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

I am trying to use opensaml in a perhaps non standered way. I have a simple
tomcat
servlet that gets a string off of http get.
I can take that string and build an artifact as follows:
SAML1ArtifactBuilderFactory builder=new SAML1ArtifactBuilderFactory();
AbstractSAML1Artifact artifact=builder.buildArtifact(artifactToken);

What I cannot figure out is how to use the Soap objects in saml to build an
assertion
using this artifact. I need to build a soap message and send it to a server
using http.
I read that there is no soap output client built in but I can easily dump the
formatted
text into a connection of my own. I looked at SOAP11Encoder but it needs a
context.
I looked at BasicSoapContext but I didn't see any way to put my artifact in
there.
I looked at various XMLHelper\builder objects but none that I saw took an
artifact(or its parent) to generate something usefull.
If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.
The only other way I can think of going is just getting a seperate soap
client and manually building my tags in it. The only thing that
feels redundant about that is I will have (say spring) decode the
message and then I have to pull out the saml payload and put it back
into saml to have saml parse it and build saml objects.