mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Error while processing SAML request.

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Error while processing SAML request.

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Error while processing SAML request.
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:45:07 -0500

Paul Hethmon wrote:
> You might be able to use something like Retroweaver. I can't remember
> whether that will take care of everything or not, but it's about your only
> choice.

Yes, I believe Retroweaver, or a similar solution, should probably still
work. Some info was in this thread:

https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/arc/mace-opensaml-users/2008-05/msg00015.html

> Given the Java 5 is already End of Life, it seems like its time to consider
> upgrading anyway.

To reiterate what Paul said, since both 1.4.2 and 1.5 are now EOL, you
should really consider upgrading to Java 6. As I believe Chad recently
said back in October, when 1.5 became EOL, we don't necessarily have
plans to start using exclusive features or classes from v 6, but we now
reserve the right to do so in some future release.