mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Error while processing SAML request.

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Error while processing SAML request.

  • From: "Alexander Müller" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Error while processing SAML request.
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:38:54 +0100

Hi,

you could try to compile it with 1.4 and if it doesnt work try to port
it over, however I suppose upgrading would be easier.

Alexander

>>> lakshmi narasimhan
>>> <>
>>> 26.11.2009
21:34 >>>
Hello Alex,

I'm stuck with a similar problem. We have a Websphere application
server that is hosting other Java applications and has JDK v1.4. Now
if I need to compile the openSAML classes (Base64 class for example),
is there a way to get around the problem, without upgrading the JDK
version to 1.5 please?

Thanks,
Laks.

On 11/26/09, Alexander Müller

> Hi Pritam,
>
> no, the class requires at least 1.5
>
> Alexander

> Hi,
>
> I am using opensaml-2.3.0 library file and tomcatapache-tomcat-5.5.28
and
> java 1.5.The application is working fine with this configuration. But
when I
> am trying to use jdk1.4 I am getting the following error.Because In
our
> server Java 1.4 is installd.
>
> type Exception report
>
> message
>
> description The server encountered an internal error () that
prevented it
> from fulfilling this request.
>
> exception
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
>

> root cause
>
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/opensaml/xml/util/Base64
> (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)

java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1634)

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:860)

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1307)

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1189)
> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

com.aviva.tam.pmi.SAMLToString.createSamlResponse(SAMLToString.java:53)
> com.aviva.tam.pmi.SAMLToString.doPost(SAMLToString.java:129)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>

> note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the
Apache