mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Bootstrap Initialization Error

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Bootstrap Initialization Error

  • From: Paul Hethmon <>
  • To: OpenSAML List <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Bootstrap Initialization Error
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:18:49 -0400

Do you have xalan/xerces endorsed for your web container?

On 10/27/09 2:03 PM,
""

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to parse a SAML token and while initializing
> bootstrap(DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap();), I'm encountering the error message
> pasted below. I'm using xalan-2.7.0.jar in my classpath. I tried using
> xalan-2.6.0.jar too but was getting the same error message. Any suggestions
> would be gratefully received.
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.xpath.compiler.FunctionTable.installFunction(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg
> /apache/xpath/Expression;)I
> org.apache.xml.security.Init.init(Init.java:215)
> org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.initializeXMLSecurity(DefaultBootstrap.java:97)
> org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap(DefaultBootstrap.java:71)
> org.apache.jsp.service_005fprovider_jsp._jspService(service_005fprovider_jsp.j
> ava:121)
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:331>
)
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
>
> Thanks,
> Laks.

-----
Paul Hethmon
Chief Software Architect
Clareity Security, LLC
865.824.1350 - office
865.250.3517 - mobile
www.clareitysecurity.com
-----

God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his
own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the
other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker
in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer
who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

-- Terry Pratchett, Good Omens