mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Decoding SAML 2 messages

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Decoding SAML 2 messages

  • From: Paul Hethmon <>
  • To: OpenSAML List <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Decoding SAML 2 messages
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:49:30 -0400

On 7/29/09 5:34 PM, "Suneet Shah"

> How can decode a SamlRequest that is sent to my idp using the GET
> method? I thought I could use the HTTPArtifactDecoder, but the javadocs
> say that it has not been implemented yet.

It's just Base64 encoded. There's a utility method in OpenSAML somewhere for
that.

Paul

-----
Paul Hethmon
Chief Software Architect
Clareity Security, LLC
865.824.1350 - office
865.250.3517 - mobile
www.clareitysecurity.com
-----

God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his
own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the
other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker
in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer
who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

-- Terry Pratchett, Good Omens