mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Problems creating KeyInfo object

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Problems creating KeyInfo object

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Problems creating KeyInfo object
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:34:58 -0500

wrote:
> Hi Brentt:
>
> I used the same code trying to sign the assertion, but I always got the
> empty DigestValue and the empty SignatureValue for the signed assertion. I
> checked the keyInfo which seems correct and every thing seems fine but I
> can't find any clue why there is no digest value nor the signature value.
> Hope you can shed some light on this respect.

Well, the code in this (very old) thread wasn't about signing, it was
about how to generate a KeyInfo. Totally different subject. Sounds
like you simply are not signing the message with
Signer.signObject(Signature)

Please consult the basic guidelines for signing documented here:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUserManJavaDSIG