mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] xt:DEFAULT error

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] xt:DEFAULT error

  • From: "Stepan Hrbacek" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] xt:DEFAULT error
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:10:03 +0100

2008/12/4 Wang, Shengke <>
Stephan,

    Thanks. I have tried to put them under /common/endorsed and set the path in the startup scripts:
"set java.endorsed.dirs=<CATALINA_HOME>/common/endorsed"

It depends probably on the Tomcat version, but in our case (Tomcat 5.5) this was already set in the startup scripts and we didn't have to modify them ourselves. We only copied the libraries under common/endorsed. Changing the startup scripts is not a good practice.

However tomcat cannot find the library with this error:
"java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser"

Do you know what is wrong?

I don't know. There might be a conflict with Tomcat libraries or other libraries under your webapp. Try to endorse the libraries stepwise - first only xercesImp and xml-apis, then xalan and the others.

Shengke

--Stepan