mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] [OpenSAML2] Testing SAML relying party browser post profile

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] [OpenSAML2] Testing SAML relying party browser post profile

  • From: "Pantvaidya, Vishwajit" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] [OpenSAML2] Testing SAML relying party browser post profile
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 16:02:35 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

For using the test IdP service at testshib.org, I need to register my service
provider with it - and when I try that I get "Entry could not be stored due
to a servlet error ".

I gave the following input:

1. name of the SP machine - for this I provided the external ip address of
the machine (instead of the machine name) on which my SP server runs. Is that
okay?

2. the SP's certificate
- since my SP installtion does not user Shibboleth, it did not
generate any certificate. So I left this empty. Is this the problem?
- what is this certificate used for?