mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] [OpenSAML2] Testing SAML relying party browser post profile

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] [OpenSAML2] Testing SAML relying party browser post profile

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] [OpenSAML2] Testing SAML relying party browser post profile
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 17:52:30 -0500

I don't know off-hand of any tools per se, especially that would
facilitate automated QA testing. Wouldn't be hard to write a little
script or tool as you suggested.

If you wanted to go to the trouble to test against a full SAML IdP, you
could install a Shibboleth 2.0 IdP, Internet2's open source SAML IdP
implementation, based on OpenSAML. http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/

Or you could use the public test IdP that the Shibboleth team runs
called TestShib. http://www.testshib.org/. That's primarily intended
for people testing either SP or IdP Shibboleth installations, so the
instructions there are a little Shibboleth-centric. But generally
speaking Shib IdP's interop with non-Shib SP's and vice-versa. If you
just register as an SP, and provide the right metadata when you
register, you should be able to interop with the TestShib IdP.

--Brent