mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] SAML and load balancing

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] SAML and load balancing

  • From: Dieter Houthooft <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] SAML and load balancing
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:30:14 +0200

I created an issue for this, but is was rejected:

What we did is wrap the servlet request in a custom servlet request subclass. This subclass is identical to the original servlet request, except it allows for a configurable host name. An ugly hack for something that will occur in a lot of production environments (Load balancers, SSL offloaders, application firewalls).

best regards,
Dieter Houthooft.