mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML requires an xml parser that supports JAXP 1.3 and DOM3 message

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML requires an xml parser that supports JAXP 1.3 and DOM3 message

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML requires an xml parser that supports JAXP 1.3 and DOM3 message
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:54:38 -0400

I'm not sure that that correctly resolves it, I don't think you're really endorsing the jars that way, just getting them into the classpath.

I have done this before in that environment.  I remember noticing that in Tomcat 6.0 on Windows, if you use the GUI configuration thing and run Tomcat as a service, it sets java.endorsed.dirs, slightly differently than it does on Unix when you just use the *.sh scripts.  On the machine I have with  Tomcat 6.0.16, it's:  -Djava.endorsed.dirs=D:\Tomcat 6.0\common\endorsed.  Look on the "Java" tab, under "Java options".

On Unix with Tomat 6.0, it's tomcat/endorsed - which is of course different than it was in 5.5, where it was also usually tomcat/common/endorsed.  Compare the bin/setclasspath.sh in both versions.

I guess they just like to keep their users on their toes.  :-)

Min Lu wrote:
OK. Copying those x*jar files into idp/WEB-INF/lib resolved the issue. It is started.

Thanks,

Min

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                                                  - Albert Einstein