mace-opensaml-users - OpenSAML2/J and Java 1.4 Support

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

OpenSAML2/J and Java 1.4 Support

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To: mace-opensaml-users <>
  • Subject: OpenSAML2/J and Java 1.4 Support
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:08:58 +0200

Given our current resources we have decided not to attempt to support Java 1.4 any longer. We will add 1.4 back on to the supported list of Java versions if some one is willing to do the work. This includes:
- adding support in the maven build process for backporting code through something like retroweaver or retrotranslator
- checking to ensure no 1.5-only methods enter the code
- providing alternative code, in the form of patches, for any 1.5-only code that may already be in the codebase

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities