mace-opensaml-users - openSAML memory footprint

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

openSAML memory footprint

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: openSAML memory footprint
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 14:19:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, we are running into some memory problems with what appears to be the
opensaml bootstrap process. I have outlined a few questions below:
1) Are there any specs on the memory footprint of opensaml using the default
bootstrap configurations?
2) We have 2 web apps in the same JVM that use features of opensaml. The
bootstrap loading kicks in when each web app is initialized. How bad of a
thing is thing? Does running the bootstrap over again just compound all the
memory requirements?
3) Can I modify the configuration so that only what I really need is loaded?
We are only generating an SAML 1.1 post request at this point. Or does that
require you to write your own loading process?

thank you in advance, Kurt

  • openSAML memory footprint, kurt . werner, 05/16/2008