mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Using OpenSAML to implement the GUMS PDP: questions and comments

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Using OpenSAML to implement the GUMS PDP: questions and comments

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Using OpenSAML to implement the GUMS PDP: questions and comments
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 16:53:33 -0400

Gabriele Garzoglio wrote:
- In the code, I have to add an attribute to an obligation, an obligation to an obligations list, an obligations list to a result, a result to a response, a response to a statement, and a statement, issuer, and subject to an assertion. This is complex. It would be nice if there was a wrapper function to only have to add the obligations and attributes and let the rest be default.

This is a type of function that you need to write, if you need it.

- If the user is not mapped, I set FulfillOn to 'Deny' and don't include an attribute assignment. Is this correct?
Comment: To deny authorization, we should use the Decision context.

Refer to the XACML specification. If it's not specified there then it is up to your application.

Questions:
What is the status context?

Refer to the XACML specification.

How is the FulfillOn attribute used in an obligation?

Refer to the XACML specification.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities