mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Wrong Parser Exception

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Wrong Parser Exception

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Wrong Parser Exception
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 10:46:28 -0400

You'll need to refer to the documentation for your container and/or JVM to figure out how they do endorsement.

Patrick Krug wrote:
I have installed my application and I receive the following error : org.apache.xml.utils.WrongParserException: OpenSAML requires an xml parser that supports DOM3 calls. Xerces 2.5.0 (built with DOM3 support) has been included with this release and is recommended. If you are using Java 1.4, make sure that you have enabled the Endorsed Standards Override Mechanism for this parser.
I am running Websphere App Server 6.02 on once server and 6.1 on another. I installed my application on both servers. It runs on the WAS 6.1 but not on 6.02. I verified that the classfiles where deployed. I created an "endorsed" directory but that has not fixed the problem. What am I doing wrong?

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities