mace-opensaml-users - OpenSAML 2 in production environment

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

OpenSAML 2 in production environment

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: OpenSAML 2 in production environment
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:57:18 -0400 (EDT)

I'm working on using the OpenSAML2 library for our service provider code, and
I just got around to reading the release note for the 2.1.0 release, and this
snippet:

"This technology preview is meant as an early release to allow developers to
comment on the structure and APIs. No guarantee about the stability of the
APIs are made; they will likely change. This release should NEVER be used in
production system."

is putting my boss off. Is this just a case of CYA? Is anyone using this
code in a production environment? It seems relatively mature, what's the
problem? When is it anticipated to be stable enough to get rid of that last
line?

thanks,
Bleu